Evan Jelly joined Duke University's Biomedical Engineering Department as a Ph.D. student in 2018, holding a BS in Physics from The College of New Jersey, and an MSc in Biophotonics with distinction from Cardiff University.
Evan conducted research with GE Healthcare Cell Technologies, as well as Florida State University before joining Dr. Adam Wax's BIOS lab as a research associate in March of 2017. Evan’s current research is focused on developing novel delivery schemes for optical coherence tomography and is active in both scientific outreach and policy initiatives. As a student at Duke, Evan was the recipient of the John T. Chambers Fellowship from the Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Research Scientist
- Office Phone: +1 919 660 5131
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optical coherence tomography, spectroscopy, interferometry, fluorescent imaging, optical scattering, lens/illumination design, optomechanical design, system-level design.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship. SPIE. 2021
- John Chambers Fellowship. Duke University Fitzpatrick Institute for Photonics. 2018
- Biophotonics & Quantum Optoelectronics Student Award. Cardiff University. 2012
- Jelly, ET; Zhao, Y; Chu, KK; Price, H; Crose, M; Steelman, ZA; Wax, A, Deep imaging with 1.3 µm dual-axis optical coherence tomography and an enhanced depth of focus., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 12 no. 12 (2021), pp. 7689-7702 [10.1364/boe.438621] [abs].
- Jelly, ET; Kwun, J; Schmitz, R; Farris, AB; Steelman, ZA; Sudan, DL; Knechtle, SJ; Wax, A, Optical coherence tomography of small intestine allograft biopsies using a handheld surgical probe., Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol 26 no. 9 (2021) [10.1117/1.JBO.26.9.096008] [abs].
- Zhang, H; Kendall, WY; Jelly, ET; Wax, A, Deep learning classification of cervical dysplasia using depth-resolved angular light scattering profiles., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 12 no. 8 (2021), pp. 4997-5007 [10.1364/boe.430467] [abs].
- Chen, CX; Jelly, ET; Chu, KK; Wax, A, Indocyine Green (ICG) Enhanced Shortwave Infrared Fluorescence Imaging at Video Rate, Bio Optics: Design and Application (2021), pp. DM3A-5 [abs].
- Jelly, ET; Price, H; Chu, KK; Wax, A, Clinical readiness of dual-axis OCT for dermatology, Biomedical Applications of Light Scattering Xi, vol 11657 (2021), pp. 1165709-1165709 [abs].